Friday, October 15, 2004

What a Blah Kind of Day

Fridays are supposed to be good days but today I'm not feeling so great. I've got a monumental task of cleaning up my apartment. Instead, I've been procrastinating and just blogging along. Man, I think I need to get an EPA clean up crew for my refridgerator. Just getting the motivation to clean is tough but it needs to be done. With the possibility of moving to another state, I need to get my act together. Yes, I am a slob. Did you hear me? I'M A SLOB!

I got a phone call this morning from my fiance letting me know that one of her close cousins passed away unexpectantly from a stroke. Her cousin lives out of country and was battling some sort of infection. Man, the guy was only 50 years old. I never met him but I've heard a lot about him from my fiance. I really do feel for her loss. You know, this really makes me reflect about life and how short it can be...that there are no guarantees...and not to take life for granted. I realize I'm no kid anymore and that I'm attending more funerals or hear about people I know who are passing away as I grow older. My parents are in their 70's and it worries me that I am not living close to them and that they are starting to have health issues. I have been trying to enjoy life as much as I can and not take things for granted. I tell my fiance every day that I love her. I tell my parents that I love them whenever we hang up on the phone. You never know that those simple words, "I love you", might be the last words that people will hear from you. I don't mean to bum anyone who reads this, but we just can't take things for granted. Live life to the fullest, seize the day, and tell your loved ones that you love them.

Talking about seizing the day...today is Friday. Those of you that are Tom Leykis fans, turn on your headlights, it's flash Friday! Yes, I am a long time listener of Tom Leykis and agree most of the time of what he says. The man makes sense when it comes to dating and relationships. Those of you who are single, listen to his show. It is a valuable resource. I love it when callers try to argue against him. I thought I was a master debater and a cunning linguist but he is the king of that.

Well, time to log off my computer and get to cleaning. Let me see...hazmat suit....check, rubber gloves...check, respirator...check. Ok, I'm all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home