Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Never Ever Buying a GM Product

As I wrote in a previous blog about my encounter with my company van, I was rather displeased that the entertainment/stereo system was not operating correctly. Well, I took in the van again since the part they said was defective had come in. I was told that it would only take an hour, two at the most. The two hours at the most turned into almost the whole day with the van not fixed. They told me that it will take at least another day since they were having problems with programming the computer and with the computer communicating with the entertainment system. They were nice to rent a car for me but little did I know that the dealer does not cover for insurance of the rental. So, I had to dish out 30 bucks for insurance! Right when I thought they were turning their customer service into a more favorable light, I get a load of crap.

I just got contacted by the Chevy dealer that they are not able to repair my van and that they need to get another part. Of course, the part is on national back order and may take up to 3 weeks to get it. So, I now have to waste my time again at the dealership when I have to bring my van in for the 5th time for the same problem! I basically wasted a whole day at the dealer and now I get to do a repeat of it. The next time though, I will ask them to give me a rental if it takes more than two hours. You know, I figured that they would be able to have some sort of shuttle service for people who live close by but they don't. Of course they don't. I was silly even thinking that they would have something like that for great customer service like what my Nissan dealer does. How could I expect the same level of service from GM? Silly me.

For those of you who are planning to buy a GM product and specifically a Chevy Uplander, don't do it unless you want to hang out at the dealer during your waking moments of the day. I've had so much bad luck with Chevy's that this has sealed their fate as far as me making a future purchase from GM. They suck...plain and simple.

1 Comments:

At 4/07/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Hey did you get married yet??? Isn't is pretty soon??? Just catching up on all the blogs I've been missing lately...sorry to hear about all your GM troubles. My hubby buys a new car practically every year (he works in the car business) so I've learned never to get too attached to something because then it's gone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home