Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It's Getting Closer

I can't believe it! It's only two months away before I become married. It is truly amazing how time flies. I know my fiance reminded me about it but it has finally sunk in as I sit here blogging this. Two months! I still have to clean my apartment! Yikes! All in less than two months. Actually, I need to clean my apartment before my parents get here since they are planning to stay at my place. Dang, so many things to do I'm going crazy!

I am proud that I finally cleaned my bedroom. It was interesting the way my bedroom evolved prior to cleaning it. I actually had a trail leading to my bed. I had all kinds of receipts and junk about the floor but of course it was arranged so I could get to my bed via the trail. Well, no more trails. I got rid of the junk and actually vacuumed the whole place. I even vacuumed the top edge of the bedroom door! My mom would be proud of me. It is amazing what vacuuming can do to a lamp. I didn't even know that my lap was actually black and not grey until I cleaned it. Yes, I know I can't live like my usually slob self after I'm married. Hey, I'm trying to reform, okay? Now my next task is to clean the kitchen. I just have to scrub the counters and the stove. I might have to rent a sandblasting machine to clean the stove top. Well, at least the refridgerator is not a biohazard. Yeah, there were times where my fridge was pretty bad. I swear that I had anthrax and penicillin growing in the same environment. Well, those days are over. It was just a pain to clean and deodorize a fridge that I never let it happen again. I had to use so much bleach and cleaning products that my fridge turned from a biohazard to a chemical hazard. Hmm, now all I need is some radioactive material and I've covered all three forms of weapons of mass destruction!

After cleaning out the kitchen would be the next daunting task of cleaning my office. I have so much junk in there along with boxes of stuff. I really don't remember what's in those boxes so I just call it stuff. I remember the last time I saw the contents of the boxes was when I packed them four years ago. I think that's a sign that I need to get rid of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home