Friday, February 11, 2005

I Must Be Insane...Another Day at the Mall

Yes, you read it correctly...I went to the mall again. I think I need to see a shrink! I had to go to the mall to get a more romantic gift for my fiance. I usually give practical gifts but I figured that since I blew it last year, I need to give two gifts and something that is a bit on the romantic side. Of course I will not disclose what I got her since she reads my blogs everyday.

I had time today to go to the mall since I did not get any customers calling for service. I really could not believe that I actually went back to the mall after going to the mall yesterday. I hate malls. I would rather stick toothpicks under my fingernails! But, I figure that this was a mission that had to be accomplished. I actually had the theme song of Mission Impossible in my head as I entered the mall. I went to three different stores and finally found what I wanted to give to my fiance. Three stores is a record for me! After reading this, she's going to try and guess what I got for her.

I kind of find it a bit humorous that I cannot stand the mall but can spend hours at a Home Depot or a guitar store. I guess Home Depot is kind of like a shopping mall for guys. I love going through every isle and looking at all the neat stuff. Being in a guitar store for me is like a kid in a candy store. I love checking out all the acoustic guitars and electric basses. The one problem with going to a guitar store is that I want to buy something when I leave. I could never have enough guitars or basses like how my fiance could never have enough shoes!

I feel a little bad that I guessed what she got for me for Valentines. I do appreciate what she got...good old Johnny Walker Black! What a gal! It is funny that she is such a lousy liar. I knew that she was trying to decide on trying to lie or not when I guessed what she got for me. When she asks me what I got for her, I just tell her that even if she guesses correctly I'm just going to say no. I know it sounds a bit mean but I don't want to spoil her surprise.

4 Comments:

At 2/12/2005 3:22 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I see my husband being echoed in this post! He says he gets too tired walking in the mall, and yet he can go for long walks, and shop at Home Depot till I drop. He also loves guitars. Men!

 
At 2/14/2005 9:43 PM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Hehe, he's a real man...Home Depot and guitars! Oh, yeah!

 
At 2/15/2005 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my wife takes me to the mall, I get exausted, but I always get her back when it's HomeDepot time, or even CompUsa for that matter. =)

 
At 2/16/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Yeah! CompUsa!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home