Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Done With Premarital Counseling

Well, this past Monday night was the last of a four part session of premarital counseling. My fiance and I had to go through this as requirement to be married in our church. At first, I sarcastically thought, "Oh great! A wonderful counseling session to bring out the crap in our lives." But it actually turned out to be great.

I won't go in any details since it is rather personal...no, it didn't reveal any deviant behaviors or any psychotic tendencies...but the sessions made us more aware of why we think the way we do and to better communicate to one another. It also made us plan our future spending budget.

I remember joking to my fiance just prior to our first session that we didn't need premarital counseling. She just had to do what I say and that I'm the boss. Of course I was joking...really. She knows that I am all about equality and that marriage is about two people and not just one person.

One thing I hope not to go through is marriage counseling when times are bad. If it gets to the point where we need to see a counselor, I feel it is pretty much done with or like how Tom Leykis would say, "Last exit before toll." Yeah, I am a listener of the Tom Leykis show. I agree with most of the things he says but there are things that I do not agree with him. Well, I might write something about the whole Tom Leykis thing in a later blog.

Anyways, we can now scratch premarital counseling from our list of things to do. Man, so much more work ahead of us. Next big step will be to clean my apartment. Yeah, it is pretty bad. My fiance has helped me clean my place up so it is no longer in the hazmat level but it still needs work. My office space is the worst place...it is like the set for the old Sanford and Son show. So much junk and empty boxes...I'm glad the fire marshal does not inspect my place. Well, we're planning to clean it up this month. I really have to give my fiance a lot of credit for not being disgusted with my housekeeping skills. Well, if she is, she's not showing it. I really do appreciate it when she comes over to help me clean. Why is it that I am so lazy to clean by myself? Oh well, I guess it is no use to dwell on it. I just got to do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home