Friday, January 28, 2005

The OC TV Show

I was channel surfing one evening and came across the TV show, The OC. I guess the show is based on Orange County, California. Being a former resident of Orange County, I decided to check it out and was hoping it would be a good show. Well, it was full of disappointment. It turns out to be a Primetime soap opera and the cast doesn't even match the demographics of Orange County. Instead, it looks more like Newport Beach, which is in Orange County. To me, if you are going to call a show The OC, then the typical demographics should be represented. Instead, the cast is predominantly white, while the majority of the population in OC is Hispanic with a big mix of Asians. Why don't they just call the show Newport Beach? I just don't get these Hollywood people.

I don't like soap operas anyways so they can do whatever they want with the show. These soaps have the same old story, same old yada yada yada. I guess I'll just stick to watching the Food Network or PBS with their documentaries and nature programming. I figure with these types of shows, I'll be enriching my life instead of wasting my mind on soap opera garbage. I think I'd rather eat broken glass than to watch soaps.

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2005 3:21 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I used to love soaps, but now, I can't get into them. When we first got our PVR for satelite, I taped the OC for about 5 weeks. I watched one or two and then I thought, this is such a waste of time and deleted the taped episodes. I dont't know what's up with that. I used to love 90210, maybe I grew up.

 
At 2/01/2005 12:00 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Well, I have to admit that I did watch soaps while I was in college. Hate to admit it but I did. After a while, I got tired of it and then realized that it was the same old story.

 
At 2/07/2005 1:07 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Hehe...nah, I didn't think you were a redneck. Yeah, there are lots of honeys in Southern California but not all are white. Got a lot that are hispanics and asians too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home