Monday, January 17, 2005

Men and Shopping

The other day, my fiance and I went shopping for our wedding registry. I thought it was a pretty cool process where you use a hand held bar code scanner to pick out the items you want. At first, I had a blast when it came to looking at different stuff for the kitchen such as pots and pans, food processors, vacuum sealers and other neat gadgets for the kitchen. I love these things since I love to cook. However, when it came to looking at other stuff such as sheets, bed covers and the like, I was soon reaching my shopping limit. My fiance was quick to notice my change in demeanor and we soon called it quits for the day.

I usually dread going to malls and shopping for clothes. I'd rather pluck my eyes out with a paper clip than to go to a mall. I usually shop only when I have to and know where to go and what to get. So, my fiance was actually very surprised that I agreed to go with her for the gift registry. Well, I figure it is the right thing to do and plus it pays to get brownie points! Maybe I can use it to my advantage in the future for something like going to a gun show or something with lots of testosterone. Yeah, gun show...guns, bullets, lots of firepower...sorry for the brief change of thought. At least my fiance knows when I'm reaching my limit when it comes to shopping. It's not that I don't like it. I guess what it comes down to is I enjoy shopping and browsing for things I have interest in. Take for instance, Home Depot is one of my favorite places to go. I don't even need to buy anything. I just enjoy browsing through the store...especially the power tools.

Speaking of power tools, isn't it odd that when a guy talks about power tools no one has any indecent thoughts but when a woman mentions power tools, people get ideas other than a Mikita cordless drill if you know what I mean.

When it comes to clothes shopping, you can forget it. I don't care if a place is selling stuff at 50% off. I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy removing 50% off of my brain! I'm glad my fiance knows that when she has to buy her girly stuff, she knows that she would have better chance of winning the lotto and powerball on the same day than me accompanying her to the mall.

So are there any guys out there that like to go shopping at the mall or enjoy shopping in general? What's your take on this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home