Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Go Low Carb!

In my earlier posts a few months back I talked about going the low carb route. Well, the pounds are still shedding. I'm now 46 pounds lighter and am able to fit in some old clothes. I lost about three to four inches at the waist and feel alot better. I so far have survived the temptations of various holiday treats and just concentrated on eating vegetables and proteins. I was rather satisfied with eating turkey, ham, bbq, salads, and the like. It is great being on this lifestyle since there is no need to portion control. You just have to watch what you eat and make sure it is low in carbohydrates.

As I stated in my earlier posts, I do not completely agree with the Atkins diet but Dr. Atkins does make great points in his book. I have read it and adapted some of the things he wrote about. The diet that I am on is the Page diet. You can find it at .

There are so many advantages in going the low carb route. There has been some reports stating that low carb diets are dangerous. Well, I really think they don't know what they are talking about. There have been long term studies on low carb diets and all of them have been proven to be beneficial. For instance, the Page diet has been around much longer than the popular Atkins diet or the South Beach diet. Also, why is it that Eskimos eating a traditional diet of only meat live longer and healthier lives than those who eat the modern American diet? There are numerous studies showing that viruses, bacteria, and cancer thrive in environments where there is abundant sugars. By going low carb, you have created an environment where these nasty bugs have difficulty in surviving. I really think that because of my low carb lifestyle, I have been able to quickly recover from colds and the flu this season. Just the other day I was coming down with a head cold. By taking plenty of fluids and herbs, along with my low carb lifestyle, I am more or less over with the cold. Coincidence? May be. But, I do see a whole lot of people with persistant colds and they eat lots of carbs.

If you want to normalize your blood chemistry, lose weight, and bring your body to optimum health, avoid eating sugars, starches, grains, and vegetables with high glycemic values.

1 Comments:

At 12/30/2004 5:05 PM, Blogger Yano said...

It's great to know that you were able to resist the holiday food temptation. I made a ton of cookies and such for Christmas. You wouldn't have been able to survive at my party!

Happy holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home