Thursday, December 16, 2004

Now They Start to Call Me

I just cannot believe it. While I was looking for work, I sent out numerous resumes in response to various Internet postings. For months I patiently waited for any response but got none until I got a phone call from my current employer. They were quick to give me an offer of employment after my interview which I am truely grateful for. Now that I've been working for two months, I'm getting phone calls from these companies that I had sent my resume to months ago! Talk about bad timing. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. Some companies had the nerve to ask if I would consider leaving my current employer to go and work for them but I told them that it was too late for them, that I already have a job and I am quite happy with it. The way I look at it was they snooze and lose. During my time of unemployment, I would send follow up emails and phone calls of which they would ignore. Now, there are some companies where I had to insist that they stop calling me. I just don't get it with some of these people.

Speaking of jobs, I am enjoying what I am doing. It is very challenging and the hours can be long but I like it. There is so much to learn but I know I can make it. Because of my work I am not able to blog as much as before so please forgive me for not updating this blog on a regular basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home