Monday, November 15, 2004

Another Update

Being up in the northern part of the Bay Area has been pretty exciting but it is much colder than in Southern California. At least it isn't so cold as the times I spent in Wisconsin where there is major shrinkage.

The weather up here has been mixed with fog, rain, and cold. We did have a few days where the weather was nice and sunny.

Over the weekend I got to see people whom I didn't see for over 28 years! It was great catching up and meeting their spouses. I was only 10 years old when they last saw me. From my vantage point, they still looked the same and would have recognized them if I saw them out somewhere. It was a great drive over to where we met. Got to drive through Napa and Sonoma counties. It is the first time seeing the northern part of the bay.

Sunday, I went to church with my fiance's cousin and family up in Napa. Napa looks so beautiful with all of the grape fields. Beautiful country. Too bad I didn't have time to go and visit the various vineyards and do some wine tasting. I probably would have gone crazy and with no designated driver, I would have been screwed so it was probably good that I didn't do some tastings.

Training has been challenging but has been a great learning experience. We got to cover the way the system operates and how all the components interact with one another. People in the class are generally nice but there are some that have dragged the class down. This has made me a bit irritated because the majority of the class is up to speed with one individual dragging things down. I want to learn as much as I can so it is a drag when one person slows things down. I guess I just need to learn to be accept people for who they are and just let go of any irritable feelings. However, I figure we are not rookies and thus the learning curve should be pushed to maximum if you are to succeed. Oh well, I'm trying to let it go.

I do miss being back in my own home...my own bed...driving my own car. The one thing I miss the most is being with my fiance. Never missed anyone like this before. I guess that's a good sign. Well it better be if I'm marrying her...hehe. Beside, I know I should say that I'm missing her because I know she reads this. All joking aside, I do miss her.

Ok, enough of the mushy stuff. I guess that's all I have for now. I need to get off of this computer...back to training. Until next time, Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home