Friday, October 29, 2004

Finally! I Got a Job!!!!!

Yes! I finally got a job offer! As stated in my previous post, I went to my interview yesterday up in the Bay area. It was a great drive up from Oakland to the area near Vallejo. The scenery was beautiful and the traffic was not bad. While driving, I was praying that I get this position. It has been a long 5 months in landing a job with endless amounts of searching and sending out resumes.

I arrive at the interview site and we sit down and go through the interview process. It really felt comfortable. I guess it was because we covered a lot of stuff during the preliminary phone interview. They took me on a short tour of their facility and the kind of equipment I would be working on. These systems were quite massive but it did not seem intimidating. After the tour, I had to take three online tests on electronics. I guess I did pretty well. I was a bit nervous since I had to dig up stuff in my brain from college. They were quite pleased at the results of the test and then they gave me a verbal offer to work down here in the Los Angeles area. They told me to not to give them an answer right then and there but to think it over the weekend.

Well, I've thought about it and will take it. I figured, this was the only company that wants me right now. Everyone else has flaked out by not following up on interviews and not returning any emails or voicemails. I even had one company give me a phone interview and then change up their minds because they wanted to have someone living closer to their area. Don't these guys read the address on my resume?

Working in the LA area, I won't have to move and look for a new place and I'll get to be with my sweetie. I was looking forward to working out in Virginia but this is a better arrangement. If I had moved away, I would miss my fiance a whole lot and wouldn't be a happy samurai. By staying in the area, after we are married we will be living close to her parents, family and friends. I will still be living only 5 hours by plane to my parents versus 12 hours if I lived on the East Coast.

I start work next week Tuesday and begin training on Wednesday for three weeks up in the regional office. Three weeks is nothing compared to the five weeks of training in friggin cold Wisconsin that I did while with my previous employer.

Hehe, now I can be sane again by working. Being unemployed was driving me nuts! Couldn't go out much or do anything. Even going to the movies had to be done carefully. I know I still won't be spending much and will be frugal in ways. I will make a splurge though to celebrate and buy a bass guitar I've been drueling over for a long time. Also, now I can save money for my up coming wedding! Hey! Now we can actually look forward to a honeymoon! Yes! Yes! Yes!...ok, got to get the thoughts of that scene from Harry met Sally out of my mind. That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home