Sunday, October 17, 2004

What's With Music Nowdays?

Recently, I strayed away from my preset radio stations on my car stereo and was listening to various types of music. I found most of the music to be rather sucky compared to the stuff I normally listen to. I normally listen to classic rock, jazz, country, and light rock. I guess my music tastes reflect my age. Somehow, I cannot stand rap music...well, I thing that was an oxymoron...rap music...what music? All I hear are rhymes. Yes, they are very clever and have a good beat but how can that be called music?

I was listening to the rock band Queen the other day. Now they were musical geniuses. Singing harmonies, great music arrangements, simple yet complex. Today, I was listening to some Eagles...I think they were great musicians. There guitar arrangements are excellent. What I hear with the latest artists are generally garbage to my ears! There are a few exceptions but in general, they suck. I'd rather listen to cats mating or fingernails running across a chalkboard! So many new groups and artists out there that are one hit wonders. It is so disappointing. I'm so glad there are long time artists that are still active such as Sting, Annie Lennox, Lenny Kravis, and Sheryl Crow. What's your take on the music scene nowdays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home