Monday, November 01, 2004

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, a new week has started along with a new chapter in my career. I'm all set to call the company that made the offer to formally accept the position they offered me on Monday and then go to their office up in the Bay area for three weeks. Well, at least I won't be freezing my ass like I did when I had to travel to Milwaukee during the fall/winter season. Bay area is much nicer because it does not snow! I do not think I could really enjoy life if I had to live where it snows. Being an island guy, I'm a complete wuss when it comes to snow. It's ok to visit an area with snow and play around. Another thing to live where it snows. Talk about major shrinkage.

By being away for three weeks, I'm really going to miss my fiance. It will feel kind of strange and a bit sad not being around her for a while. Hmm...maybe I might get an invitation from my other girlfriend...nah, I doubt that Tricia Yearwood will call me to go out. Anyways, this will be the first time that my fiance and I are going to be apart for an extended period of time. Well, I know I'll see her when I get back so it's not too bad. Also with this new job, we can finally start making some real plans for our wedding.

I am so grateful for all of my friends that have prayed for me while I was unemployed. But my biggest thanks go to God for providing me this opportunity. I was really hoping to stay in the area and be able to make at least the same amount of money as my last job. God provided both and I am so grateful. Also, I am very grateful for my fiance who helped me out mentally and financially. She has shown much patience with me and has comforted me through this ordeal. Ok, enough sappiness...besides she's probably going to read this and I don't want her to get all teary eyed or get a big head. Opps, did I say that? Oh, never mind.

Well, my next post might be a while. I'll try to get some sort of computer access somehow and try to update this as regularly as possible. Until then....

Aloha!

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2004 10:21 PM, Blogger Yano said...

Best of luck, Stan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home