Thursday, December 02, 2004

Totally Gross

The other day while I was out for lunch I had to use the restroom before taking my order so I proceded to go to the restroom. Well, there was a guy relieving himself at the urinal. After he was done, he just left the restroom without even washing his hands. Talk about gross! After I was done with the required business and washing my hands, I went back into the dining area and saw this guy eating a sandwhich. Even more gross! My first thought was, "Didn't his parents teach him about proper hygine?" I mean, it really made my stomach turn knowing that he just went to whiz without washing his hands and now he's eating with the same hands without any washing. This is not the only incident I have witnessed. Don't people understand about proper sanitation and hygine? Ugh! I've seen grosser things from the restrooms such as guys not washing their hands after doing #2 and then procede to eat. These guys are so disgusting! I wonder if there are some women that are hygenically challenged also or if this is just a guy thing. I know I always wash my hands especially after taking care of business #1 or #2.

Because there are these gross individuals out there, I am very careful how I wash my hands. I follow the procedure that medical professionals are suppossed to follow. Of course even they don't follow their own rules of hand washing. If they did, there wouldn't be rampart cases of spreading infections in hospitals.

Here's a great technique in hand washing:

1. Turn on hot and cold water.

2. Wet your hands and lather with soap starting from your finger tips to your wrists.

3. While lathering, make sure you lather between your fingers and the back of your hand.

4. Lather for at least 15 seconds and then rinse starting from the wrists to the fingers.

5. Grab paper towels to wipe your hands dry and then use the used paper towel to turn off the water.

6. Use the same paper towel to open the door to leave the restroom and then dispose the towel.

This should keep your hands nice and clean after you leave the restroom. Good hand washing will help in fighting off colds and the flu since most of infections start from dirty hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home