Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm Back!

My first session of training with my new employer has been completed and now I am back to my biohazard abode. It sure was chaotic travelling on the 23rd. Getting on the plane was easy and the check in procedure was not that bad. When I flew into LAX, that's when all hell broke loose. The traffic was so intense...I could only imagine today's traffic being it is the day before Thanksgiving. It took 2 hours for me to get out of the airport and be back at my place. I'm so exhausted today. But at least I got to sleep in my own bed which was great!

Training was very intense and challenging. The instructor was great and has vast knowledge of the system. I think I did ok but I know I have to study more and basically connect the dots to know how the overall system works and its various components and how they interact with one another. We had to do a practical test - troubleshooting the unit. It was a real ass kicker and was a very humbling experience. The best part is that I will not forget some of the problems I had and it was a definite learning experience. In all of my years of being an engineer, this training course was the best I ever had. It really reminded me of my college experience complete with exams and labs. Some people may think that the instructor was a bit on the rough side and may complain to management but I didn't see it that way. Instead, I saw it as his passion to pass on his knowledge of the system to those of us who don't know the system and to make us successful. His training was the closest one could get without going out into the field. Very realistic. I truly hope that the intensity and format of the training does not change. I give major kudos to the instructor.

It is great to be back home. Well, not exactly home since I still consider Hawaii to be my home. But it sure was great to see my fiance. I've never missed anyone like her before. Tomorrow will be busy with me making the turkey for my fiance's family. I'm going to use my mom's 2 hour turkey recipe. 2 hours? Yeah, it actually takes only 2 hours to roast. Yes, it is fully cooked and very juicy. Not like some roasted turkey jerky. I think I'll post up a recipe today for it since I know there are going to be several people looking for recipes. Well, off to make that post. Until then, Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home