Thursday, December 23, 2004

Gift Bags Vs. Gift Wrapping

Well, Christmas is just a few days away. I'm glad I got all of my Christmas shopping done. Actually, my fiance got most of it done for me. I'm such a moron when it comes to figuring out what to give for gifts. In an earlier post, I had mentioned that I was going to attempt to gift wrap some presents. Well, forget about it. I'm going with the gift bag and tissue paper. Whoever thought of the gift bag must have known a lot of people like me who are all thumbs when it comes to gift wrapping.

I don't know why more people don't use the gift bag thing. I mean it is so efficient. Place the gift in the bag, add tissue paper to cover gift in the bag, write name on the attached tag, and you're done. When it comes to gift wrapping, you have to get a box for the gift if it didn't come with one, roll out the cumbersome wrapping paper from the tube, cut the paper, tape the paper and make those fancy folds at the end, put ribbon and bow. People just cut the ribbon and rip the wrapper to open gifts and then throw them out to the trash. With a gift bag, the bag can be reused by the gift recipient when they have to give a gift. Heck, even the tissue paper can be reused. I really think the bag is the way to go. Convinient and environmental!

Well, I wish you all Mele Kalikimaka...that's Merry Christmas in Hawaiian.

2 Comments:

At 12/23/2004 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure gift bags are easier, but wrapping paper is more economical.

 
At 12/23/2004 11:55 PM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

If you consider time as money then the gift bag is economical. Also, a gift bag is less labor intensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home