Wednesday, January 12, 2005

BBQ and Downtown Nashville

Today I got to experience my first taste of southern bbq during my lunch break. The pork ribs were nicely smoked and the sauce was spicy and a bit on the vinegary side. I did enjoy eating it but so far I think bbq from the Salt Lick just outside of Austin, Texas is the best so far. Well, I like my bbq sauce the best but I think the Salt Lick comes in a very close 2nd.

After the training session was over, me and the guys in the class decided to explore downtown Nashville and check out some live music. We went down to the area of Broadway and 2nd where there are a lot of bars and restaurants. The downtown area is very clean and nice. I saw no signs of graffiti or bumbs hanging out. What a world of difference compared to LA! We headed to a place called Wildhorse Saloon . The place is huge with three floors and a big stage and dance floor. On the first level alone, I counted 5 bars! The band that was playing was great and the food was pretty good. Of course, I had to try their award winning Memphis pork ribs. Well, it was delicious but still did not beat the Salt Lick. After dining and hanging out at the Wildhorse, we then decided to check out a place called the Coyote Ugly Saloon. I guess it is a chain bar across the US. It just seems so funny that these married guys I'm training with want to go to places to check out women. I really don't understand. Oh well, that will be another topic in the future.

Now I'm ready to go to sleep and start the day early tomorrow. We're going to continue with the training class and do some major component replacements.

Aloha from Nashville!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home