Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Cingular Wireless...Are They Really Raising the Bar?




While traveling around the LA basin during work, I keep noticing all of these billboards for Cingular Wireless and how they are raising the bar using the signal strength indicators to symoblize it. Well, this makes me a little mad at them because apparently they are not raising any signal strength where I live and thus not raising the bar on my cell phone that my employer has provided.

Monday morning started out bad with my boss and co-workers contacting me on my home phone. Apparently, they were trying to reach me via cell phone for a couple of hours. However, my cellphone did not ring at all. Nor did I get any indication that I had voicemail messages. Only after I left my home did I get a message that there were 5 voicemail messages. I am so disappointed with this phone. I never had any problems with Sprint or Verizon.

With my personal Sprint cellphone, I get maximum signal while my Cingular/AT&T phone will only get one bar if I'm lucky and the weather is perfectly clear and it is warm outside. I would have better luck at winning the Lotto than to get a strong signal with my work cellphone. This totally sucks. I would not recommend anyone getting a Cingular/AT&T phone. Even their voicemail system sucks since it does not tell you what time or day when the person left you a voicemail. I am hoping that Cingular will improve things but I am doubtful of this.

Cingular, you guys suck until you make things right. Raising the bar? No way, more like raising the hype.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cingular has "raised the bar" in my area. Guess we can't all say the same. :-( I think Cingular is fantastic, sorry to hear you're having problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home