Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hoping This Day Things Will Be Ok

This morning did not start well. I was told earlier in the week that plumbers will need to come into my apartment to do repair work for the bathroom for the unit above me. Aparently, they have been having a leaky drain pipe right above my bath tub. Luckily, it did not reach me since there is a lot of insulation between the units.

I was told that the plumbers would come in at 8 AM. Yikes! Since I worked until 10:30 PM and didn't get home until 11 and didn't go to sleep until 1 AM, I knew I would be in a world of hurt this morning. Well, the plumbers got here early at 7:45 AM and were knocking on my door. I couldn't believe it! My thought is 8 AM is 8 AM and no sooner or later. So I get up and let them in to do their work. Meanwhile, I have to go pee like there is no tomorrow. Of course they are occupying the bathroom so I have to hold it. I figured that I should think of other things instead of using the bathroom so I turn on the TV. Of course the local TV show had to feature a river and a waterfall...this did not help at all. The pressure was starting to build and I was in a world of hurt! Now I know how the Hoover Dam feels holding the Colorado River! What a way to start the day. I had to hold it for about an hour and I'm starting to tear up. Finally, the plumbers were done and of course I had to pee like the Niagra Falls.

I then noticed that the plumbers left my bathroom a mess! There was dust everywhere! They had to cut out the ceiling to get to the plumbing and therefore created a dust storm in my bathroom. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to clean the place up. Now I will have to scrub my tub and shower. Ugh, this is not a way to start the morning! Upon close inspection of my bathroom sink, there is dust all over my toothbrush. Dang it, my toothbrush was a new one that I just started using yesterday! And of course, that was my last one in the house. Looks like I need to clean it well and soak it in some alcohol or something. Hmm, too bad I don't have any whiskey in the house...that would be good to soak it in. Nah, I don't like the idea of that. Anyways, so I need to scrub the sink, wipe the counter, clean my grooming products and toothbrush. On top of that, there is a gaping hole in my ceiling. I guess someone is suppossed to come in and do the ceiling work. Of course that means I will have to clean my bathtub again. This is so not right to start the day.

I'm really trying to stay positive today and try not to let it get the best of me. I'm hoping that there will be a ray of light behind the cloudy skies of this morning. Huh, with my luck, it will be a lighting bolt zapping me! I don't know why but that thought just made me laugh! I must be going insane. Muahahahahaha, gasp, hahahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home