Monday, February 07, 2005

Valentine's Day is Coming Up and I'm in Deep Kaka

I just noticed a moment ago that I have 7 days to get my fiance a Valentine's Day gift. I'm in such deep kaka since I have no clue on what to get for her. Of course this time frame caught me off guard. I guess I've been in bachelor mode for so long that I used to blow off Valentine's Day like it was the plague. Well, I did send my mom a card and stuff but it was never the mushy kind of Hallmark Valentine's Day card. Instead, I always got cards that were humorous. I guess it was the manly thing to do. You know, got to keep the testosterone flowing strong.

Now, I guess I have to switch modes and remember about Valentine's Day. I'll still keep my family jewels intact while celebrating it though. I know I better not blow it this time since last year I did not get a gift for my fiance. Well, I did take her out to dinner to Bennihana's since she never ate there and has always wanted to check it out.

Last year my fiance gave me a flask. I thought that was so cool. I had mentioned to her when we first got engaged that I would probably be a little nervous during the wedding and would not mind to have a little spirits prior to the wedding. Well, she got me a flask to use. All I need now is some Johnny Walker Black to add to the flask! Mmmm...scotch....ok, back to reality.

I always have been gift giving impaired. No, it's not that I don't like to give gifts to friends and family. I just don't have a clue what to give to people. I've always given cards with cash because I figure that they could use cash to buy what they wanted. But in this case with my fiance, that would be rather impersonal.

I have no idea what to give her. She has told me that she doesn't want flowers since she does flower arranging as a side job. I can't really afford jewelry at this time since I'm trying to save money for the wedding and stuff. I guess I just have to come up with something that she can use and would remind her of me when she uses it..yeah, that's it a practical gift. I know it doesn't sound romantic but she knows that I'm not usually a mushy kind of guy and she likes practical gifts. If any of you have a suggestion, I am all ears. I hope to get some input because I feel like I'm in some deep kimchee right now.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2005 7:24 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Saw your comment on Darlenes site. My husband is the worst-gift giver ever...one birthday he got me a scarf-hat combo, and then there was the victorian candle-shaped-hand-holder....what is she into??? Would she like something for the computer? Does she have a hobby? How about a good girly DVD wrapped up with a bottle of wine, some homemade popcorn and a promise to give her a foot massage for the duration of the WHOLE movie :) What about a spa gift certificate...like at Mario Triocci (or somewhere like that). Hey I'm liking this list...can you please forward this to my husband--he he.

 
At 2/07/2005 7:32 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Try a gift store, those fancy little ones in the mall. They are practical and unique at the same time. And put a romantic note in the card.

 
At 2/07/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Ladies, thanks for the ideas! I think I know what I'll get for her. I really appreciate your inputs. I am so inept when it comes to gifts... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home