Saturday, February 26, 2005

Cingular Wireless Sucks





I received a new cell phone from my company due to problems I encountered while at home. My previous phone was a Cingular Nokia 2260 phone using CDMA and it had poor signal strength while I was at home and thus would not get calls or if a call did go through, it would drop out. I figured maybe using a GSM phone would be better so I asked the company if they could get one. They got me a Cingular Motorola VT150 GSM phone.

Well, I called Cingular's number to start up my new phone and I was put on hold for over 30 minutes. I got tired of hearing the recorded message, "You are a valued customer and want to provide you with our best service". Well, that was a crock of bull turd. If I was such a valued customer I wouldn't have to be put on hold for over 30 minutes. In those 30 minutes, I could have gone wild in the kitchen like the Iron Chef and made my breakfast and eat it all in 30 minutes. Of course I had better things to do so I hung up.

Finally, I was able to get my phone set up the next day after a brief wait. Come to find out that this new phone has bad signal strength also. I keep getting dropped calls! So I called their technical support to see if they could help me. I could have gotten better help from a blind man operating a hammer and saw. Tech support told me that I'm located in an area that is on the fringe of 5 towers and that I should be able to get a good signal if I'm out on the street. I told them, "Hello, I don't live out on the street. Customers or my company can't get in touch with me with the poor signal. Maybe you guys should actually raise the bar so we can all get good signals in your coverage area? My Sprint phone has strong signal in my home, why can't you guys do the same?" Well, I get the standard boloney saying that my phone needs to update the software from the signal towers so I can get good signal strength. I hate it when these tech support guys think you are a moron or something by giving out such bull. I told them how could my phone get the software update if the signal is so weak that I can barely get a one bar signal? What a dufus! Of course it has been 2 days with the phone and I still have weak signal and dropped calls. So much for the software update.

With all of this, my conclusion is Cingular sucks. Don't get Cingular because their service sucks and their coverage sucks. I'm ready to make my Cingular phones into fishing lead and let them sink to the bottom of the ocean. Cingular can raise their bar right up their you know what.

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2005 6:48 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm glad I read this...I was really fasinated by all the hype with the RAZR, that I almost had my husband convinced into buying me one. Now, I'm not so sure...I have a motorola i730 with Nextel right now, it's just so bulky (compared to the non-direct connect phones). And I figured since I hardly use the direct-connect, I would get a new phone...now I'm stumped...I barely ever lose calls and can get a signal at school (where hardly anybody can use their phone). I just might stick with Nextel after all! Thanks for the insight.

P.S. GO MAKE YOUR BED!--he he

 
At 2/26/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You must be made at that phone if you pulled out the term 'Crock of bull turd'. Them are strong words!

 
At 2/28/2005 11:24 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

stacey - Overall I strongly feel negative towards Cingular. I never had problems on my personal Sprint phone nor has my fiance with her Verizon phone. I know that Sprint's customer service has been pretty good to me so far and have never been put on hold for more than 10 minutes. Not like the 30+ I experienced with those morons. I think if you have a service that has good coverage in your area, I would stick to it. I did some research and found that Cingular ranked at the bottom from what I gathered.

Oh, I still have not made my bed...lol. Why make it when its going to be used again in a few hours?

darlene - Yeah, I am mad at them. Their customer service sucks and their coverage area sucks.

 
At 8/31/2005 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love Cingular and had absolutely no problems with it until mid-May, when I began to inexplicably drop calls and almost always had three bars or less at my home.. usually one or none. Numerous calls to Cingular did not solve the problem, and then finally last month calls began to drop after 5 minutes exactly! I went to a Cingular store to express my concern, and the girl at the counter told me "yeah, that's been happening. It will be fixed in two weeks." So much for customer service. The new voicemail system they have foisted upon us is no better, with limited capacity that blocks out new messages if you have more than 10 saved. And when I went to call a friend tonight I ended up chatting with some poor man that was trying to retrieve his mail and somehow we ended up connected instead. AVOID CINGULAR AT ALL COSTS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home