Friday, February 18, 2005

Cartoon Fan

Mucha Lucha


The other day, my fiance was humored that I still enjoy watching cartoons at my age. I can't help it. I enjoy watching it. Besides, afternoon cartoons are better than watching Oprah or some other estrogen enhancing shows. Yeah, simple pleasures for simple minds. Whenever I am at home in the afternoons, I like to watch Mucha Lucha and Yu-Gi-Oh.

It seems that the story line at least for Yu-Gi-Oh is pretty good and it talks about good versus evil. Yeah, all in all it is a simple cartoon show. I guess I'm always going to be a kid at heart. Hey, at least I'm not into soap operas.

It is funny that whenever I go over to my fiance's cousin's place, the Cartoon Network is on and I end up watching cartoons with my fiance's niece. Her dad is into Yu-Gi-Oh so I don't feel too bad. Now they are starting to get me hooked on Teen Titans! Yikes!

I do have a balanced view of TV. I enjoy watching documentaries, news, sports, cooking, home improvement, and cartoons. I guess by watching cartoons is just a way of mindless entertainment. I remember when I was a kid I was hooked on weekday afternoon and Saturday morning cartoons. I still think that the old Looney Tunes cartoons are the best. Good old Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I did not care for Tweety or the RoadRunner. I really wished that Sylvester ate Tweety and Wiley E. Coyote caught the RoadRunner. I really felt sad for Mr. Coyote. He sure did advertise a lot for ACME Co. though.

Well, I got to run off now and catch Yu-Gi-Oh. Let the inner child in you run free this weekend!

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2005 6:33 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I have never been a cartoon fan. Even as a little kid, I didn't like them. As an adult, I think it's mostly a guy thing. My husband loves cartoons. I guess God designs it that way, so mom can get rest on a Saturday morning, while Dad and the kids eat cake and watch Scooby Doo.

I have to strongly disagree with this post...Oprah is much better than cartoons! ;)

 
At 2/20/2005 12:03 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

LOL! I knew you would say that...:) Eating cake in the morning? Wow, you're such a nice mom.

 
At 3/14/2005 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLEA ROCKS!!!

*poot*

- Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home