Monday, March 28, 2005

Tiring Weekend

Well, Easter has come and gone and left me rather tired. Unfortunately, I had trouble sleeping Saturday night and had to wake up at 4 AM on Sunday morning. I fell asleep around 3 AM and thus my sleep was sort of a power nap. I guess that's what happens when you basically sleep all day Saturday. Yeah, the lazy bug hit me hard on Saturday that I basically vegged in bed. I was so bored and tired that I fell asleep staring at the ceiling. You know with a creative mind, you can make some interesting patterns with the acoustic textured ceiling.

You must be asking, "Is this guy nuts waking up at o'dark o'clock on a Sunday?" Well, I had to wake up before the rooster crowed to play at my church's Easter sunrise service. At least I got a free breakfast out of it and we played a funky tune featuring my bass playing. Hehe, I had Rick James on my mind while I was playing...She's a very kinky girl, the kind...oops, I did mention church so I must banish this tune out of my head...for now.

After playing in the band on Sunday morning, my fiance and I went to her cousins house way out in Corona. During the travel on the freeway, we got to smell the earthy aroma of a billion cows. Naturally, I looked at my fiance thinking that there was a release of organic methane in the car, of which she adamantly denied. I knew it was the cows but I wanted to keep her on her toes. On the way to her cousin's house, I had to prepare my self for the massive crowd of relatives that usually gather during holidays and special events. I'm still trying to get used to a crowd of people. You see my family is rather small compared to my fiance's. Her family can build what seems to be three basketball teams, coaching staff, and an arena of fans while my family could only make the members of the medical/waterboy team.

We all had a great time at the cousin's house. It was actually fun watching all the kids running around the yard during the Easter egg hunt. At least they used plastic eggs filled with candy for this hunt. I remember as a child, we used actual eggs. It wasn't good when we couldn't find all of them. Eventually, my dad would find the missing eggs several weeks later accompanied by very colorful remarks.

Well, I hope you all had a great weekend. Now I just have to look forward to this coming weekend and be mentally challenged with my taxes. Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home