Saturday, May 09, 2009

Meet Mr. Odo



I forgot to mention to you my favorite cat in the world...Odo. Here he is doing what he does best.

I was not a huge cat fan before I met Odo. I was a big dog fan since I grew up with dogs and never owned a cat. I did help take care of my neighbor's cat growing up. It would come by the house every morning and we would give the cat some food but other than that I really didn't interact much with cats.

Odo is actually my wife's cat but now he is my buddy and constant companion when I'm home. As you can see he really likes my guitar case. He actually fell asleep while I played my guitar. Either he thought my playing was soothing or he thought I played crappy. I'm hoping for the latter.

Right now, he is my baby and I love to spoil him. He gets cat treats every morning and gets constantly petted and rubbed. He is such as great cat and is so mellow. He's also a big boy like his owner. He just got weighed in at 16.3 lbs. I guess he's a little rotund for a cat but hey, he's living the good life. I think he's better looking than Garfield!

He has one nasty habit. He loves to drink water from the toilet bowl. Of course the bowl is empty except for water. I don't know how he got that habit. Anyways, I've bought him a fancy water bowl complete with filtration system, hoping that he would stop drinking from the toilet and use this new water bowl. Nope. He prefers the toilet! I finally got him to stop using the toilet water bowl by providing him with a couple of stainless steel bowls. I guess he likes them deep bowls!

A very strange thing that Odo does is that he will come into the bathroom while I am on the throne doing my kingly duties or shall I say poopies...Anyways, he always wants me to pet him and rub behind his ears. When he's had enough, he would then lie on the bath rug and wait for me to finish my job, paperwork and all. He would then get up and peer into the bowl to watch the contents go down the drain. What a strange cat but I love him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home