Saturday, May 09, 2009

What's Up with Asian Drivers?

I'm pretty sure you have heard about the stereotype of Asian drivers. Well, I for one can attest that it is not a myth but a fact. I should know because I am of the Asian persuasion. Ok, I'm not trying to incriminate myself or implying that I am a bad driver. Absolute far from the truth! Alright, so I got into a few minor collisions...I can't help that the other car magically appeared in front of me at a standstill while I was still moving...forward and...well the rest is history.

What I am talking about is those other lousy Asian drivers. No, not me...those other people. Just today while doing a bunch of errands I witnessed several crazy drivers where they almost collided into my car. I swear that I was not driving erratically nor was I driving haphazardly. Within a mile of driving in a heavily Asian populated area of the San Gabriel valley, I witnessed at least 5 different traffic violations.

The other day, my wife got rear ended on the freeway on her way to work. During our phone conversation about he accident I told her, "I bet it was an Asian driver that hit you." Sure enough I was right.

What is it about Asian drivers? I know here in Southern California we have this problem. Does it exist in other parts of the world? I know that it really isn't a problem in Hawaii where I grew up but I'm getting my fair exposure of it here in California. Let me know of your insight and comments about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home