Saturday, April 22, 2006

The City of the Govenator

Ok, now that it is the weekend I think I feel a little calmer now. Not like the raving, forehead vein popping, near heartattack lunatic I was on Monday. No, you could say that I sort of mellowed out. Probably a result of being beaten down by my work during the week. Kind of like a wild horse getting broken.

This past Tuesday, work called and I was sent out to the City of the Governator...Sacramento. The place where the home NBA basketball team is the one I hate the most. Though, I have to say Sacramento is a nice place to visit and a stark contrast to LA. The drivers in Sacramento are courteous unlike the "get the hell out of my way" attitude of most LA drivers. Downtown is clean and traffic is manageable. I had to laugh at their so called rush hour traffic. 20 minutes driving 10 miles in downtown is not rush hour unlike the parking lot called the San Bernardino freeway in downtown LA.

Work in Sacramento was a bit hectic but in a way, it mellowed me out a bit. I was a bit pissed off because I had to leave town with very little notice to fix a problem that was intermittant. It turns out that this trip actually calmed me down a bit especially when I felt the victory of repairing everything that I was sent out to do. I love the feeling of fixing complex and intermittant problems. I do hate the process of figuring it out but I do like the accomplishment of fixing problems.

Fixing these complex problems feels like as if I was a general winning a war. The going was tough, time consuming, heartbreaking, frustrating, and tiring, but the victory is oh so sweet.

Getting back to Sacramento, I find the city a bit facinating where it is a mix of urban and city life. Surrounding Sacramento are a bunch of farms and waterways of which there are massive problems with flooding in recent weeks. Everything around the city is so nice and green. There's a nice feel to the city and people seems to be more mellow. It is as if I visited another state. I really did not feel like I was in California. I mean, I had to check my watch to make sure I was even in the same time zone.

Don't get me wrong, I do like living in Southern California. I guess sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home