Friday, May 13, 2005

So Many Changes

Things have gotten a little more normal here. My wife's family is helping to make arrangements for her cousin's funeral and thus my wife has gone back to work. It had been a trying couple of days with us just getting back from our honeymoon and then dealing with the passing of her cousin.

Still, there have been changes going around in the apartment such as rearranging of where the dishes go, the pantry and the such. It gets a bit confusing on where all the dishes are now stored and stuff. I had a system going for at least 3 years and the wife had to come in and change it..."sigh". Well, I guess this is all a part of being a newlywed. Now she wants to add more color to our home. She is so tired of the color blue which is one of my favorite colors. Yeah, basically a lot of stuff around the home is blue in color which I really like. She wants to add green to the place but the only green I like is either vegetables, plants, or the best green...CASH! Well, at least she didn't say she wanted pink. Oh how I hate pink! Pink is a bit too feminine for my taste. Besides, pink reminds me of that liquid penicilin I used to take as a child that always made me gag and throw up.

I once received a pink polo shirt as a gift. It made a very good polishing rag. Too bad it was brand new while I used it to polish my car. Yeah, you could say I'm a bit brutish or pig headed, but hey, we all have our preferences. If other guys want to wear pink or have pink stuff laying around the house, be my guest...but it is not for me. I personally avoid pink like the plague...well except for Spam. Now that is one pink I like or ham...dang, I'm getting hungry now.

With the slow changes going around my place...er, our place...I'm still trying to get used to it. I know I will get used to it once everything is in place. I guess it's just that I am such a creature of habit that these changes leave me a bit outside my comfort zone.

(To my wife...don't read this part)-One of the biggest changes has been sharing the bed. Now, I've had girlfriends before but they never slept over nor have I slept over their place. I was not used to sleeping with someone but now I share my bed with my wife. It was a bit difficult to fall asleep with someone else in my bed. Besides, I learned really quickly that my wife is a bed hog. She keeps sleeping on my side of the bed. I'm pushed until I am right at the edge of the bed. If she came any closer, I'd be sleeping on the floor! I don't know, maybe she just wants to be close to me...at least that's the excuse she gives me. Well, I guess that's just payback for my snoring. Yeah, I snore big time. I mean, I snore so loud that it is as if I'm sucking the paint off the walls. I tried those antisnore throat sprays - no effect. I even tried the nose strips but that only drops the decibel levels a couple of notches. She's tried using ear plugs made to block snoring frequencies but it doesn't work when the bed vibrates from the low frequency noise I generates and then gets amplified through your body. I really feel for her but at least once she is asleep, she doesn't hear it. So, I let her go to sleep first before I shut down for the night.

I know these changes are good and it is for the best. I know my organizational skills in the kitchen cabinets are not that great and my skill in color coordination is basically choosing the color blue or white so I'm glad she's gifted in those areas.

2 Comments:

At 5/14/2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Pink shirts on guys is not okay. Sorry if anyone disagrees.

 
At 5/15/2005 12:34 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

Not for me...Don't like pink shirts. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home