Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Family Pow Wow

Well, my parents finally arrived to be with me prior to the big day. They will be here for a week or so. They liked how the place was so clean and all of my junk was gone. I was rather pleased that they liked it. I have to give major credit to my fiance for directing and assisting me on cleaning this place up. I know I have mentioned this before but cleaning is obstacle for me so it is a big thing to me.

Anyways, my parents got to meet my fiance's family. The dinner was great and there was good conversation going. I was glad that my parents felt very comfortable and they mentioned to me that it felt like they were meeting old friends. Whew, that was a relief!

One disadvantage of my parents being here at my place is that they feel that the weather here is cold. They live in Hawaii where it is 86 degrees in the daytime unlike the chilly 65 degrees we have been experiencing lately. Thus, I have to turn the heat up in my apartment to 75 degrees. I, of course, like the room at around 70 degrees where I can sleep comfortably. Well, I guess it's just a minor inconvinience. The big plus is that they are here. Then again, I can't spend my last days of bachelorhood laying about in my apartment in my underwear like I used to when I was by my self. Ok, don't get an image. It may cause major mental health issues.

Sunday should be quite the adventure since my parents, fiance and me are going to go shopping for a dining room set. As much as I hate shopping, I guess this is necessary since my dining table and chairs are on its last legs. I had to a major glue job to hold the chairs together and use lots of tape. Hey, at least I got the table for free and have been using it for about 10 years. Well, it is time to retire the table and send it to furniture heaven. Hopefully, the shopping process won't be too long and relatively pain free. One can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home