Friday, April 22, 2005

Big Day Around the Corner

I have eight more days of being a bachelor and then I am taking the big plunge. Why do some people call marriage the "big plunge"? Is it because they feel the guy is tied to a ball and chain and is ready to jump into a lake? I don't feel like I'm being tied to a ball and chain. I'm actually looking forward to marriage and have no cold feet about it. People have been asking me if I am nervous about the wedding day. Well, right now I am not but I won't know until that day. After all, I am just the decoration because the wedding is really more for the bride while the honeymoon is more for the guy...hehe.

It does feel strange knowing that my days of bachelorhood is coming to an end. For so many years I have been living by myself and now I will be living with someone else for the rest of my life. I know there will be changes in my lifestyle and at times it won't be easy but marriage is something I have been looking forward to for a long time. I'm not saying that I was eagerly waiting and was desperate to get married. I was content with being single but I still wished to find that someone special. I know I can be a difficult person to live with but I am willing to make compromises so I guess that's a plus. No longer can I live as a slob.

Speaking of being a slob, my place is finally clean! It has been about 2 years since my place had been thoroughly cleaned. Many thanks go to my fiance for helping me out. The cool thing is that she never once teased my about my cleaning habits. It's so great that I can actually see carpet in my office space and that my desktop is actually clean! You know it's pretty bad when you lift a pen off of a desk and you see the pen's outline on the desktop. Well, I have turned from my wicked, dirty ways...praise God!

My parents are coming in tomorrow afternoon and will be staying at my place for the week. That will be quite the adventure. I guess that's for another blog at another time. Well, off to get some sashimi(raw fish)at my old bachelor Friday night hang out. Until then...Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home