Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Big Day is Here

Well, it is now my wedding day. In about 12 hours I will be married. I just got home from my bachelor party. It was not the typical bachelor party with strippers and stuff. Instead, I got together with a few good friends at a Japanese restaurant I often hang out at. We ate great food and the beer and sake was flowing. After the shop closed, we busted out some scotch and bourbon whiskey. I love scotch. No, we did not get hammered. We are much too old for that and I don't want to have a hangover during the ceremony. Instead, I want to be a good looking accessory in the wedding. Yes, this day is the bride's day and not the groom's. I'm just an accessory and decoration. Anyways, the party was great. My buddy from Hawaii and I got to play some Hawaiian music together with him on the guitar and me on bass. We sang and played the night away. It has been so long since we played like that. I really miss those days.

My friend Robert made a really great and funny toast to me. He told me to "Honor her and honor her and when you fall off, get back honor her...so honor her". I was laughing so hard, my stomach was cramping! My friend Rene asked if I got three rings for the wedding. I asked what he meant by that. His reply was, "Engagement rings, wedding ring, suffering". We were all busting out laughing. Ah, tonight was great!

Anyways, this is my last night of being a bachelor. I'm turning my back on singlehood and headed towards the married life. I just hope I don't end up like Al Bundy, selling women's shoes and having stinky feet. Well, ok, since I have stinky feet, then I just don't want to end up selling women's shoes. As I sit here blogging away, it has started to really sink in that I'm no longer going to be single anymore. For 38 years, I have been single and now I'm going to have a shared life. Wow, this is a trip! I really am looking forward to this moment of sharing my life with my wife. Hmm..does this mean I can still run around with just my underwear on? I guess it's ok. I just can't do it when I cook bacon. Now that gets painful.

I'm really looking towards our honeymoon in Hawaii. No, not just because it is huba huba time. Being from the islands, I really miss it. Hawaii will always be home to me. Somehow, I feel so connected to the land there and I feel recharged and energized whenever I return there. The islands are just so beautiful with all shades of green and crystal clear waters. I love Hawaii!

Well, I guess this is my last entry until I return from my honeymoon. I highly doubt I will take my laptop with me so it will be next to impossible to blog. I will update everyone as soon as I get back. Until next time, ALOHA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home