Friday, May 20, 2005

Finally, My Own Broadband

I finally got my own broadband connection for my home. I know you might say, "So what?" Well, for me this is pretty significant. For years I was on dial up and played games on the internet. I was called the lag king by my friend Dennis. Well, no more lag from me now! I had been "borrowing" someone's wireless network for almost a year now but I finally gave in after my wife persuaded me to get DSL for the home.

It is a vast improvement compared to my old ways of tapping into the internet. I cannot believe how lame I was not to do this earlier. Well, the next step is to install a wireless network...encryption enabled of course so a bumm like me would not be able to tap into the network and be a freeloader or even worse, to create havoc on my computers.

Now all I have to do is upgrade my desktop and buy some online games so I can wind down after work. My wife has a fear that she might become an gamer's widow. I highly doubt it but you never know. I used to play an online game called Battlezone and was actually a bit addicted to it. Well, I didn't have a job then so I could play after applying for jobs via the internet. I know I will spend some time on the computer playing games but I know that I don't want to be addicted to the point where the game rules my life. I got a life so I know I won't be so sucked into games like some people I know.

I really don't get it with people who basically play online all day long. It is as if the game is their life. I know of someone who will forgo sleep and work just to play online. I feel those individuals are weak minded or have no life or just want to escape reality. Fact is, you have to face reality sooner or later. I know that I get involved with games time to time but not where it sucks me in to the point where I don't have any real relationships. I just want to play games for the fun of it and to wind down from a hard day's work.

Do you know of anyone who is addicted to online games? Leave your comments about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home