Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crazy California

With the type of work I do, I have to travel all over warm and smoggy Southern California. Typical day covers about a 100 miles or so. There are times when I have to drive for four straight hours to get to a customer site. As a result of all of this driving, I encounter so many disfunctional drivers!

I encounter people driving slow in the fast lane, people who cut me off and then slow down, drivers who change lanes and almost side swipe me, the list can go on and on. There are some days when there are several close calls. I call those days "Dumb Drivers Day".

I wonder, where the hell these guys learned how to drive? I mean you might as well let Mr. Magoo drive on the already crazy California freeways. And it seems to be only in California where I encounter such asinine driving practices. I mean, I've driven in New Jersey, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Oregon, and Florida. I never experienced Dumb Drivers Days there. Only in California.

You know, I wonder if California is cursed. I should say Southern California. We've had riots, flooding, earthquakes, brush fires, smog, drive by shootings, freeway shootings, taxes up the yin yang, ridiculously priced homes, hospital closings, illegal aliens running around, political corruption, Hollywood, tree hugging liberals, kids skipping school to protest on rights for illegal aliens....ugh!

But you know, I love it here even with its problems...I guess I'm just insane.

1 Comments:

At 8/05/2007 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and a lot of Californians don't know how to merge onto the freeway. I've never seen anything like it in any other state.

What's with the stopping at the end of the on-ramp behavior?

Also why do they turn into driveways at 2 miles per hour?

Scratches head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home