Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Settling Down

Things on the home front are finally settling down a bit. We finally got the cable people to install the cable system and I just finished installing a wireless network in my home. Oh yeah, I also got a new cell phone for work through Verizon earlier today. Ahhh...times like this makes me love technology! I have to give my brother in-law some of the credit for helping me in selecting the router and wireless access point. The rest of the installation was rather straight forward except for getting the encryption stuff right. That took a bit since I'm no IT guy but I soon figured out my major brain malfunction.

Yup, technology can be great. Here I am, blogging on my laptop in my living room while connected to my new wireless network, seeing my cell phone with 5 bars for signal strength, and watching the Food Network. Next thing to do is to get a network card for my desktop and then my geeky side of my brain will be quite happy. To make it ecstatic, I will need to upgrade my desktop. Overall, I am very pleased on how this day has turned out.

I'm definitely looking forward to this coming three day weekend. We are planning on spending part of the weekend with my wife's cousin and their children in San Diego. I think I will do the driving down to San Diego since my wife has the mentality of an Indy race car driver when she is behind the wheel. The last time we drove down to see her cousin, I was quite petrified! She was weaving the through traffic as if she was in a slalom race. We were whizzing by all these cars on the freeway, one after another. I was glad when we finally got to our destination on that trip...anyways, I better not go on since my wife reads my blog regularly.

Yeah, I like to tease her about her driving and her cooking skills but I only tease out of fun and not out of spite. Don't get me wrong...my wife knows how to cook. She just does not have the creativity yet, but she is working on it. I mean, last night she made low carb vanilla ice cream. It was a great treat when I came home from work late last night. The ice cream was so good! I mean when it comes to whipping up stuff out of the cupboards to make a meal, she has some difficulty. I guess it's just that she didn't have any opportunities when she was growing up. I was fortunate that my mom let me do stuff around the kitchen and be creative. Also, by watching the Food network I get a lot of ideas. One area she definitely has me beat is baking. I cannot bake a cake to save my life. The last time I baked a cake, it was a disaster. My cake looked as if it were primeval earth...kind of like the Mordor in the Lord of the Rings. I mean, it was bubbling with many craters through a thin crust on the top. Heck, the baking process of my cake would have been a good illustration on how volcanoes form!

Well, I better end this now since my laptop is starting to roast the family jewels. Man, these laptops get hot. I don't know why they call them laptops when it get your lap roasting when you place them on our lap. They should be called heat sterilizers or manhood destroyers.

4 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Glad you're enjoying the married life. Wow, it's been a while since I popped in here!

 
At 8/24/2005 6:28 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I think three months may be a long enough break, hope you're coming back.

 
At 8/24/2005 6:28 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Hey, I just noticed the first photo is different from the second, cool.

 
At 10/09/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow...now I don't feel so bad for not posting so much...you're worse than I am :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home