Monday, April 17, 2006

Totally Pissed Off Day

Have you ever had a day where it started off bad and it just keeps getting worse? Today has been one of those days. A day where I would have been better off sick in bed, fighting off some food borne illness than to wake up and have things piled up, one atop the other that makes me feel so enraged by the end of the day.

It started off where I get a service call from a customer where a simple test to see if there was an actual problem could have been done. It seems that other parties were not doing there job and it was handed out to me to go out and drive through traffic just to find out there was no problem at all.

On the way to the site, I get cut off by some yokum changing from the slow lane to the fast lane, on which I am traveling on, continuing to go on the same slow speed he was traveling while in the slow lane. Of course this idiot is talking on the cell phone while driving and totally oblivious to what is going on on the road. Of course I had to tell him that he is number one with a single digit of my hand as I pass him.

Then as I am going to another customer site (of course late because of my previous stop where I found nothing wrong with the system), I get cut off by another graduate of the K-tel driving school of Southern California. This time it was some asinine blond with her head up her butt driving a mini-van again talking with a cell phone.

What is it with these people talking on the phone while driving? I mean, I do that but I concentrate more on my driving and I make sure that I'm at least traveling the posted speed limit and I'm aware of what is going on. This chick in the mini-van was making expressions with her hand that should be on the steering wheel and writing stuff down while she's driving and talking on the phone! Get a clue people!

Continuing on, as I get close to my destination, the wife calls and starts asking me about stuff. Of course while driving and talking and trying to remember where this customer is located since I haven't been there in almost a year, I miss my turn. Now I'm really pissed.

The wife called about going out on some Saturday where I think I'm on call but I can't verify it since I don't have my schedule in front of me...as if I have a desk and computer in the front seat of my car. She asked if I want to go see a musical on a day that in the back of my head might be the day I need to be available in case any service calls come in and I have to provide technical support over the phone, let alone hop on a plane to another state and do service work. Of course, this just pisses me off even more when I have to make a decision right then and there without even time to think about with my wife to a musical or not. The damn musical costs $75 each and I'm not going to make a spontaneous decision to go if I'm on-call and most likely have to answer phones. The whole thing was just adding more gasoline to my already raging fire.

On my way home from my last customer for the day, I again get cut off by a classmate of the above mentioned mini-van driver. And of course, chatting away on a cell phone. I just yelled at the guy, "Turn off your fu*$#@g phone and drive you moron!" But as they say in those Ronco commercials, "But wait, there's more!" I encounter three more K-tel driving school graduates. By this time, I've had enough of these moronic drivers on our freeways.

Right now, I am so pissed off at everything and don't want to even associate with anyone out of fear that I will go postal on them. It has been a long time since I've been so angry...my chest is tight and my head is pounding in a rage of anger. I'm actually surprised that I can blog at this moment. I figured that by blogging this out, it can be a form of release from all of my pissed-offness...I know, that is not a word, but ask me if I care at this moment. And if you do care about it, that's good for you and you can kiss my butt.

I need to go and take care of this anger. Hopefully the next time I blog, I will be in a much better mood.

1 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Stanielsan said...

It was nasty...the whole week was nasty. It ended on Sunday where I dropped my brand new bass guitar and now it has a big dent in it. Hehe, what else could go wrong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home