Friday, May 15, 2009

LAUSD Teachers March and Teacher's Union...What a Joke

As you may already know, there were 46 people arrested today for an illegal protest and blocking traffic at the Los Angeles Unified School District headquarters. They were demonstrating against proposed budget cuts and layoffs. In addition, there were teachers who marched outside of their schools before the start of class in their show of opposition to the proposed cuts.

I would have to say that I do not like to see anyone being laid off or to lose their job because it has happened to me due to economic downturns in the job sectors I previously worked in. However, when there is a downturn and there is no money, something has to give. Do these teachers realize this or are they so stupid that they don't understand? When companies have laid off thousands of employees, when companies such as GM, Ford, and Chrysler are cutting jobs and thousands of dealerships due to the economic downturn, do these teachers think they should be exempt? Do they think that they are entitled to never face a layoff? It is so arrogant of them to think that their crap does not stink and that they should not face any layoff.

I would be more sympathetic to the teachers if their schools had successful graduation rates. However, LAUSD has one of the worst drop out rates in the nation. Not California but the NATION!! In some publications, a school in the LAUSD had a drop out rate of 58%! According to FixLosAngeles.com they account for 15% of the state's high school dropouts. So, not only does the teacher's union and some of the teachers in LAUSD feel that they are entitled to not losing their jobs, but they feel that they should not lose their jobs even though they are doing a lousy job!

You know, if I were to protest against my employer I would be fired. If my productivity equated to 50% failure rates on equipment that I fixed, I would be fired. If my employer were to have significant loss of profit and money was tight, I'd probably be let go. Now, add all of the three together and what happens? Any normal, logical thinking person will tell you that you better start looking for a job. Not for the teachers union and those that have demonstrated today. Hmm, it's no wonder that the school district is facing such high dropout rates. These teachers are not normal nor are they logical! Where is the money to pay for all of you going to come from? There is a shortfall on funds you idiotic teachers! Instead of demonstrating and whining about all of this, why don't you and your union come up with a solution and work with the district? But no, that is too logical for you. What more could I expect from a LAUSD teacher. I am so grateful that I do not have to send my child to your schools. You guys are a joke and deserve to lose your jobs. I think LAUSD needs a major spring cleaning and this would be a very convinient time to get rid of the garbage. Such arrogance and stupidity from people who are supposed to teach and shape minds for the future. What a joke.

1 Comments:

At 6/03/2009 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your article I could picture you having a heart attack. Take it easy and don't get so worked up over issues that really have nothing to do with you. LAUSD has many teachers that do a great job. Unfortunately, there are many doing a lousy job. I agree that the union can do more harm than good, but for you to bash the teachers like that is wrong. The failure rate is extremely high and not acceptable. There are many issues at play here that must be addressed before change can happen. My suggestion for you, take a vacation or take up a hobby because having all that pent up rage can't be good for you. I mean, think about it, why are you so bitter? Really... that can't be good. And remember, there are some good people working for LAUSD who want to make a difference in the lives of their students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home